Hi Emily! These pictures are so good!! The first one is my favorite! I love how emphasized the shadows under her eyes are and the fact that she looks so exhausted that she can't keep her head up. Her stare is beautiful and haunting. Your self-portraits are gorgeous, too! It was super creative to use your computer camera as a mirror of sorts. Or did you take a picture of yourself on your computer and then take a picture of that picture? Tell me your secret, hahaha! My only suggestion would be to take the last photo from a different angle like looking down at the postcard from above. Otherwise, I think you did a really good job!
Hi Emily! I think your photos are really strong here. I particularly enjoy the empty portraits using the postcard and journal. These are sort of eerie in that they suggest a story of someone who is no longer with us or is far away from you. I do agree with Emily's comment above that the angle could be improved in the second one to enhance the postcard as the subject rather than the background serving as a distraction. Otherwise I enjoyed your editing in this series and it is evident that your creativity as a photo maker is improving!
I really like the creativity of these photos and although i agree about making the postcard the center of focus in the photo I still thought it was a really creative way to represent someone being in a photo without actually being in it. I like the self portrait as well and how you were able to take the photo without having your camera shown in it.
Hi Emily! These pictures are so good!! The first one is my favorite! I love how emphasized the shadows under her eyes are and the fact that she looks so exhausted that she can't keep her head up. Her stare is beautiful and haunting. Your self-portraits are gorgeous, too! It was super creative to use your computer camera as a mirror of sorts. Or did you take a picture of yourself on your computer and then take a picture of that picture? Tell me your secret, hahaha! My only suggestion would be to take the last photo from a different angle like looking down at the postcard from above. Otherwise, I think you did a really good job!
ReplyDeleteHi Emily! I think your photos are really strong here. I particularly enjoy the empty portraits using the postcard and journal. These are sort of eerie in that they suggest a story of someone who is no longer with us or is far away from you. I do agree with Emily's comment above that the angle could be improved in the second one to enhance the postcard as the subject rather than the background serving as a distraction. Otherwise I enjoyed your editing in this series and it is evident that your creativity as a photo maker is improving!
ReplyDeleteI really like the creativity of these photos and although i agree about making the postcard the center of focus in the photo I still thought it was a really creative way to represent someone being in a photo without actually being in it. I like the self portrait as well and how you were able to take the photo without having your camera shown in it.
ReplyDelete