GOOD IS NOT THE SAME AS- Kady Freedman
Good is not the same as "important", this picture isn't aesthetically pleasing at all, but it was one of the first looks we had at the shape of Covid.
Good is not the same as "useful", same deal with this photo. It is not at all pleasing to the eye, but shows a product that many households find incredibly useful.
Good is not the same as "Interesting", as many people may not like this vintage botanical print. For me however, I considered putting this in my room due to how interesting I thought it to be!
Good is not the same as "Liking", this is my sweet dog, Grizzy! I absolutely love this picture of her, because I think it shows her sweet personality. However, as stated in class, one may not like dogs, and may find this photo to be awful!






Hi Kady! You picked some really good (but necessarily “good”) images for this assignment. I actually find the first photo of the Covid-19 virus that you chose for “good is not the same as important” really pretty, which is interesting since it’s such a terrible disease. However, I now understand that even though I like the colors, this doesn’t necessarily make it a “good” photograph. I also love the one of your dog! The angle makes her look so happy and sweet! I would like to see you try to recapture this image, maybe with a different background setup. I agree that the Keurig one is useful in showing that it is a coffee machine, but the picture itself is very boring. Finally, as for the botanical print, I, too, find it interesting. I’m not sure if a good print can be judged the same way a good photograph can. To me, this image looks more like a drawing than a photograph, so I believe the drawing itself is good, but when looking at it as a photograph, I’m not sure. However, I do think you should hang it up in your room!
ReplyDeleteKady, I think it was a really interesting choice to use the keurig photo for this assignment! When I was completing this assignment, it did not even occur to me to use a commercial photograph for the "useful". In fact, I had never even really considered the photos that we see in advertisements to even really be photos as I most often think of photography as being art or a way to preserve memories. I think that by using this image you brought up an interesting point which is that photography is sometimes meant to only be useful and not necessarily beautiful. Also, I had a really similar botanical print hung up in my dorm room last semester! I think it is definitely both good and interesting!
ReplyDelete