Good Is Not The Same As...

"Important" - Jurek

"Useful" - Jurek


"Interesting" - Jurek


"Liking" - Jurek



Comments

  1. Hi Avery! I think we had similar ideas when choosing our “good is not the same as important or useful” photographs. In my opinion, it is so incredibly important to document civil rights movements, like the Black Lives Matter movement in this instance, in any and every way we can. I think this could potentially be a good picture, too, if reworked a bit! I really like the orange lighting, but the quality and angles of the photo could be better. I also picked a map as my “useful” photograph because on the day I needed it, I did find it really helpful to navigate my way around, which I’m assuming was the same for you. Similar to your “important” image, I think your “interesting” image had the potential to be good if shot from a different angle and maybe if you edited the lights of the candles to be more symmetrical? (I’m very new to this so I don’t actually know if that would make it better. Definitely take my suggestions with a grain of salt!) I really like the colors in this one, too, and I think enhancing them could make this picture better. And finally, I understand why you like the last picture! You can tell whoever the person in the green coat is, they are having a genuinely good time, which is cool because you can’t see their face. I think an upward angle of that person could’ve made the moment seem even more victorious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried to comment earlier but the message never went through! Your first image was also among my favorites, it just creates an interesting picture and I find it to tell a little bit of a story! Your last photo is also very visually appealing in terms of color palette and composition- geometrically speaking.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts