Photographing light - Hannah Merrill

 Edited Photos 








































Unedited Photos








































Comments

  1. I really enjoy how these images play with texture. I love that the actual shadows themselves have texture and aren't just straight beams of light. It adds a whole layer of character to have these competing focal points. Apart from the nice clash of shadow and canvas, the movement of light feels organic, because of your subject matter. I think playing with the wood grain on the image of the light fixture would have been interesting rather than focusing the brightness of the bulb.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like how you played with the angles in your two photographs of the shadows of the branches on the pillow. I think these photos may have also been nice in black and white since the are of a subject that isn't very colorful to begin with. I also really like the last photo of the woman's shadow on the window blinds. I think the blinds as the background add texture to the shadow which would otherwise be quite plain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite thing about these photos is the shadows that the items leave behind when highlighted by light. Personally, I think I would have turned the photo of a person's shadow and the photo of the pillow to black and white due to the lack of color and the two tone nature of the picture.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts