Portraits- Kady
Someone I know...
Me!
To preface these photos, the following are belongings of my late grandma, who I called Grammy. I thought it would be only right to use her for this section of the project, as she is not physically here anymore. However, I hope she lives on through these photos, and give you a sense of the wonderful woman she was!
unedited:


The images that you capture here really help to draw the viewers eye into the photo and create a different way of seeing an image. I feel like each image you took brings in a sense of curiousity and wanting to know more about what or who is in the image. I also think you did a great job with the edits you did to each photo as well.
ReplyDeleteI think your objects in capturing a portrait without a subject are fascinating. Especially the chair, it's clear that it's a space that's not occupied, but the presence is felt. I think going B&W with these two images under the same challenge was the right call. I think you used a vignetting technique on the chair and while it blends the edges beautifully, the midpoint looks overexposed. It highlights the foreground rather than the physical chair itself and so a bit of the subject matter is lost. While I like the B&W in the second image I think it feels a bit moodier just, because of how underexposed it is. But having both of these images next to each creates a nice juxtaposition between their sentiments and capturing of your Granny. Nice collection of images and thanks for sharing!
ReplyDelete