Stay at Home - Hannah Merrill

 Edited Photos 















































Unedited Photos 









































Comments

  1. Really enjoyed your captures for the assignment. I am curious if you used flash for images 1 and 2?The edit of the first image is very bright; it almost feels like the primary color is white rather than the beautiful red of the hanging/drying botany. I like the shift in brightness/whiteness in the edit of the cabinet with bottles. It transformed the image and brought out a dimension of warmth where coolness was occupying space. I am also curious about the shutter speed of the camera, there is some fogginess/blurry element in a few of the images, but also that might be intentional. I like the objects you captured and spaces you transformed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Hannah!! I do really like your photos, but I think they could have benefitted from a black and white rather than being in color. The only photo I would have personally kept in color is photo number now, but with that, I would have added vibrancy to the sprays that are hanging, as it would add more interest. For the others, the lack of bright colors gives you an opportunity to deepen the shadows and highlights using a black and white, which may have made the photos appeal to the eye more than they currently do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really liked how you brought out the red and brown in images 1 and 3. I also loved how you edited image 3 to make the window appear more "glassy" by clarifying the reflection. I did however think images 2 and 6 would have been better as black and white. You could potentially add color grading to a black and white version of 2 and/or 6 and pick a shade of blue or purple.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts