I love your cat in the first set of pictures! I especially like how the colors of your cat coordinate with the pillow. I also like the splash of green to the left in the first picture; in addition to the white walls, the green leaves add a sense of lightness and airiness that I like a lot. The blending of her colors into the pillow makes it feel like the cat is just as much a part of your house as the pillow. I’m becoming hyperaware of lines in photographs, and I think this is something you could improve upon in #5. In the first picture, while the lantern is the only thing that’s in focus and clearly meant to be the subject, my eyes follow the lines of the house which point away from the thing that you wanted to be the subject. Instead, I was led to tree and then trapped. Maybe if it was open field and a smaller subject in the background, it would feel more like the photographer was peaking around the corner at something specific. I like how the bricks lead to the lamp fixture in #3, and my only comment would be to make it a little straighter.
I really enjoy your clock series for this assignment. I find the ones that do not include the clock in entirety are more intriguing to the eye (especially the third image). Because our natural instinct is to fill in the rest of the shape, I find it a more pleasing photograph when it is less obvious. If we had edited these images in LR, you also could have adjusted the contrast and other elements to make the textures and features of the clock stand out. I like these!
I really like the first two photosets in this assignment. I think the photos of your cat are really interesting because of the similar pattern/color scheme between your cat and the pillow on the chair. I think the second and more close up photo of the cat is especially nice because the green of the cat's eyes stand out against the white, black, and grey of the rest of the photo. I also really enjoy the colors and textures in the second set of the flowers. My only note for the first picture of the flowers would be to maybe frame the photo differently so that you could either capture the whole bush or one specific part of it.
I really liked the angles that you chose to take pictures of the stairs in exercise #4. I also laughed out loud at the shocked look on your cat's face. The only thing I could see improvement on is exercises 3. I think in 3 you could get more of a different viewpoint of the chandelier to be less repetitive. Example 6 was a bit of an outlier because I couldn't pinpoint a single focus congruent through the four photos. However, I loved the variation in the relative size of the clock and where it was placed in the frame.
I love these photos! They all go together very well, even though they are in different settings. However, I do wish they had a bit more vibrancy or color, which is a simple editing fix. If they were black and white, I think I would have liked them better. But either way, still great photos!
I love your cat in the first set of pictures! I especially like how the colors of your cat coordinate with the pillow. I also like the splash of green to the left in the first picture; in addition to the white walls, the green leaves add a sense of lightness and airiness that I like a lot. The blending of her colors into the pillow makes it feel like the cat is just as much a part of your house as the pillow. I’m becoming hyperaware of lines in photographs, and I think this is something you could improve upon in #5. In the first picture, while the lantern is the only thing that’s in focus and clearly meant to be the subject, my eyes follow the lines of the house which point away from the thing that you wanted to be the subject. Instead, I was led to tree and then trapped. Maybe if it was open field and a smaller subject in the background, it would feel more like the photographer was peaking around the corner at something specific. I like how the bricks lead to the lamp fixture in #3, and my only comment would be to make it a little straighter.
ReplyDeleteI really enjoy your clock series for this assignment. I find the ones that do not include the clock in entirety are more intriguing to the eye (especially the third image). Because our natural instinct is to fill in the rest of the shape, I find it a more pleasing photograph when it is less obvious. If we had edited these images in LR, you also could have adjusted the contrast and other elements to make the textures and features of the clock stand out. I like these!
ReplyDeleteI really like the first two photosets in this assignment. I think the photos of your cat are really interesting because of the similar pattern/color scheme between your cat and the pillow on the chair. I think the second and more close up photo of the cat is especially nice because the green of the cat's eyes stand out against the white, black, and grey of the rest of the photo. I also really enjoy the colors and textures in the second set of the flowers. My only note for the first picture of the flowers would be to maybe frame the photo differently so that you could either capture the whole bush or one specific part of it.
ReplyDeleteI really liked the angles that you chose to take pictures of the stairs in exercise #4. I also laughed out loud at the shocked look on your cat's face. The only thing I could see improvement on is exercises 3. I think in 3 you could get more of a different viewpoint of the chandelier to be less repetitive. Example 6 was a bit of an outlier because I couldn't pinpoint a single focus congruent through the four photos. However, I loved the variation in the relative size of the clock and where it was placed in the frame.
ReplyDeleteI love these photos! They all go together very well, even though they are in different settings. However, I do wish they had a bit more vibrancy or color, which is a simple editing fix. If they were black and white, I think I would have liked them better. But either way, still great photos!
ReplyDelete